Coimbatore: Considering the current traffic congestion in the city, Coimbatore’s police commissioner Sumit Sharan has ordered the political and community parties to not hold any type of public meetings, gatherings, organizing assemblies, processions, fasts, distributing pamphlets, pasting wall posters, demonstrations erection of hoardings and flex in any street or road in the city.
This order has been passed in light of current road works going in full swing in the city causing major traffic congestion and route deviations in most parts of the city. It has also been taken into consideration public convenience and also to protect them against any kind of communal clash in the city at the present moment.
The order will be in effect from midnight of today 21 of Jan till 3rd of February as a part of the 15 days restrictions.
The City Police Commissioner has however advised the parties to apply for the grant of permission at least 5 days upfront.
- The order will however not apply to:
- Any gatherings, meetings or processions sanctioned by city police commissioner Sumit Sharan, which will be available on certain grounds only.
- Any meeting, gatherings, processions of religious affairs under a recognized place of worship as usual.
- Any meeting, gatherings of religious ceremony
- Any meeting, gatherings, processions held under the 7 statutory or other expressing legal authority
- Any meeting, gatherings, processions or class of public meetings or assembly or processions exempted from the operation of this order by the State government by general or special orders
- Any meeting, gatherings, processions held under the auspices of the state or union government given permission under the permission and seal of the city police commissioner given on 20th January 2021
- Any meeting, gatherings, processions as a part of sports
- Any meeting, gatherings, processions as a part of personal affairs like wedding, funeral or similar domestic affairs.